94% of people surveyed were hopeful about their future, and 79% were satisfied with their life at the present.
It makes me stop and wonder why.
- Maybe with all that has happened in our past, the future has got to be better? From the bottom of the abyss, everyone looks up?
- Maybe everyone interviewed had just poured off a cruise ship that had anchored in Belfast Port for a day's Shillelagh shopping? (I'm surprised to find there's no separate Wikipedia article for Shillelagh - yet!)
- Maybe it's really bad everywhere else?
- Maybe there really is a peace dividend, and the local economic condition has turned people's spirits up?
- Maybe they caught us on a dry day!