- Best Blog (only a measly 136 blogs in the loooooong list)
- Best Arts & Culture Blog (31) - see posts tagged with book, film, public art, music
- Best News/Current Affairs Blog (15)
- Best Personal Blog (72)
But better than that, it’s really good to see a lot of familiar faces (and blogs I regularly read) in these and other categories.
- The next steps are that the Round 1 judging will now begin with judges rating the blogs long-listed for each category on the quality of their writing, interaction and consistency.
- The top scoring blogs will make it into the category short lists where they will undergo Round 2 judging, with the category winners announced on March 1 at the Award Ceremony in Dublin on March 1.
- (Particularly successful blogs will only be short-listed in the two categories they rank highest in after Round 1 judging - though they can also appear in the Best Blog Post and Most Humorous Post categories.)