The good news is:
- the new tunnel, dug as part of Belfast multi-million pound sewage upgrade scheme wasn't damaged as part of the road collapse in Cromac Street;
- the air bubble caused the tarmac to cave in early on Saturday morning when traffic was very light rather than Monday morning when it could have had much more disastrous consequences to passing cars, bikes and buses;
- they're now looking for any other air bubbles in the vicinity so they can be pumped full of the construction industry's equivalent of dense expanding foam;
- and they're checking the state of the cables that come out from the neighbouring telephone exchange and run under the road ... before the concrete slam is laid on top of the hole!
- Oh, and you can watch progress via Citigolf Belfast's webcam!
The bad news is ... well, there isn't any. Belfast's unique geology throws up these wobbles. Like the children's book says: