Friday, August 25, 2006

Dear God ... children's letters via the Daily Mail

I feel the need to confess that I've read the Daily Mail today. The paper normally irritates me and I avoid it at all costs.

However, tonight's bmi flight back to Belfast has been delayed, and I ran out of papers to read in their Heathrow Terminal 1 lounge.

Buried inside the depressing tabloid-sized daily rag is a double-page spread of quotes from a soon-to-be published book: Children's Letters to God compiled by Stuart Hample and Eric Marshall.

I reproduce some of the best below:

* Dear God, If you watch in church on Sunday I will show you my new shoes. Mickey D

* Dear God, Is Reverend Coe a friend of yours, or do you just know him through business? Donny

* Dear God, Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother. Larry

* Dear God, In Bible times did they really talk that fancy? Jennifer

* Dear God, did you mean for giraffe to look like that or was it an accident? Norma

* Dear God, Thank you for the baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy. Joyce

No comments: