Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mini adventure at an airstrip in September

Having been away for a week, I was trawling through the post this evening to find the credit card bills and get them paid before the interest kicks in. (Is it my imagination, or do HSBC really have a much shorter time to pay than other card providers?)

One of the white envelopes that wasn’t seeking money was from BMW, looking for Mini owners to join them at Newtownards Airfield on Sunday 10 September 2006 at 1pm to attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the world’s largest car mosaic.

It’s a follow-up to the successful MINI Italian Job in 2003 when Minis lined up the hill up to Stormont and Parliament Buildings. (I was going to link to an image of the Stormont event, but I can't find one online!)

2 comments:

Alan in Belfast (Alan Meban) said...

The invite states that you need to send off for a pass to get in the gate. Ring Bavarian and ask them ...

Alan in Belfast (Alan Meban) said...

Unfortuately I didn't. Was off on holiday at the time - think I was still in Gloucester. The layout's a little disappointing - somehow I assumed it would be more artistic!