Monday, May 11, 2009

A future facing the past? Lesley Carroll in conversation on Tuesday night

Centre for Contemporary Christianity in Ireland logo

If you’ve ploughed through the Report of the Consultative Group on the Past or wished that you had, you might be interested in the open event being run by the Centre for Contemporary Christianity in Ireland on Tuesday night.

In Conversation with Lesley Carroll discussing “A future facing the past?”

Tuesday 12 May at 7.30pm up on the 3rd Floor, 21 Ormeau Avenue, Belfast, BT2 8HD

A member of the Eames-Bradley Consultative Group on the Past, Lesley has seen and heard more from behind the scenes than most, and wrestles with our apparent political inability to deal with the report, let alone the past!

It’s the first in a series of conversations. Next month on June 9, In Conversation with Mike Wardlow will focus on “Education - a middle class value or a fundamental human need?” asking whether “the Christian church have anything distinctive to bring to current local education debates and institutions? A space to explore biblical values concerning education, and bringing them to bear on current local educational issues.”

2 comments:

Kate. said...

That sounds really interesting. If I can manage it I'd love to go along.

(Does it matter if I - cough - kick with the other foot? What I mean is if the content is very Evangelical would I be out of my depth, as I know err nothing about it :) )

I have this bloggers breakfast to go to in the morning, so I couldn't promise I'd be there, but I'd be interested if I could manage it.)

Alan in Belfast (Alan Meban) said...

Not sure CCCI's very good at ball games, so kicking skills won't be checked. The "Centre" isn't known for being dogmatically Protestant, so all views will I'm sure enrich the conversation.

Do say Hi if you're there. Won't make it to the breakfast ... if it's the EU one I'm thinking about.